This tool provides capability to import NX data, related derivatives files like step, IGES data and other files related to package from suppliers in to Teamcenter via Rich client.
Some of the capabilities includes
- Validation of Input data package to assist designers to find out sanity of input data package.
- Success conditions reported include
- List of all input files in input directory and its sub folders.
- NX Part files and their related files grouped together.
- Files not related to any NX Part which will end up as independent objects during import.
Failure conditions reported
- Files with extensions not supported in Teamcenter (i.e. no matching dataset types)
- Duplicate files are found in Input folder/Sub folders
- Already existing items in Teamcenter due to an earlier import or for any other reason.
Import of data with multiple options to create and associate/group data inside Teamcenter. Tool creates a folder with name of folder as top level folder of input data. All NX items will be crated as independent items and derivative files (i.e. files with matching names as that of NX part) will be associated with item revision with corresponding datasets. Tool provides several options to import non matching datasets
- Container Item : Tool creates a container item and associates all non-matching datasets below it
- Independent Items: All non-matching datasets are created as independent items and dataset is associated it with item revision.
- Folder : In this option non matching datasets are placed as datasets in input folder
- Replicate Input Folder Structure: This options replicates OS file structure in Teamcenter and data will be associated to sub folders as per input folders.
Capability to set common attributes on Item/Item Revision during import with a help of Rich client GUI for input properties. The tool supports options to set LOV properties as well.