2011 – 2014: Technical Project Manager/Solution Architect at Navistar Inc, Chicago, IL from Geometric Americas Inc, Managing Teamcenter/NX implementation projects for Trucks and Engine business, account relationship management, new business prospects.
- Provide Technical Expertise on Teamcenter Implementation in different modules to a pool of Projects
- Identify business opportunities, coordinate pre sales activities with sales and practice organization
- Study existing PLM system components, integrations, methodologies and identify opportunities for simplification, de customization and alignment with out of the box software capabilities.
- Gather business requirements, provide roadmap for implementation, and demonstrate proof of concept for Model Based Engineering with integration to existing BOM system.
- Streamline and simplify CMM migration process by strategizing and modeling workflow in Teamcenter with automation of several steps to increase the migration throughput.
- Implementation of change management process along with integration of manufacturing drawing release procedures to overcome several drawbacks with CAD based release system.
- Deploy knowledge management system ( Auros ) across enterprise
- Mentor onsite and offshore development team members.
- Built strong working relationship with clients IT and business team.
- Won new business for implementation of model based enterprise system which eliminates 2D drawings,
- Generic handlers implemented in change management modules provided huge cycle time reduction in managing changes
2009 – 2011: Project Manager at Nissan Program Office (Siemens PLM Software), Tokyo, Japan
Managing Teamcenter/NX-PDM system implementation at Nissan Program Office, Siemens PLM Software for Nissan Motors, Tokyo, Japan.
- Project Management activities – SOW, Requirements Analysis, Resource estimation/allocation, Scope and Schedule management, and Issues management, Delivery Management to QA and Production systems
- Managing the translation of business requirements and processes in to technical specifications.
- Mentor team of onsite and offshore team leads, developers and testers and ensure adherence to robust quality processes.
- Technical Review of designs, integration and functional testing to support phase wise enhancements to various domains.
- Participate in governance meetings with Geometric management and Siemens Nissan Program Office management.
- Successfully lead team for deployment of Phase 3.2.1 capabilities to Nissan production system.
- “Synergy Award” for best team work by Geometric Management
- Awarded “Champ!” by Geometric Management for streamlining build and deployment of customization to Nissan Production environment.
- Awarded “STAR PERFORMER” for the year 2008 by Geometric Management.
2006 – 2009: “Technical Leader” at Nissan Program Office (Siemens PLM Software), Tokyo, Japan Responsibilities:
- Analysis of Global Multi Site (GMS) data model mapping requirements between Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter Unified, implement, maintain and enhance mapping capabilities based on phased deployment.
- Develop test cases to support different Nissan business use cases of data exchange and provide technical support to QA team.
- Perform testing of GMS briefcase functionality, reporting problems to product development and follow up Problem Reports till closure.
- Develop XSL style sheets to facilitate data exchange between Nissan and Supplier to account for differences in the data model, ownership between suppliers and Nissan.
- Design Release Module: Analysis of requirements, Mapping Teamcenter COTS capabilities and identifying areas where customizations are required, Data model definition in BMIDE, Developing functional specification, Software Design for server/client side customization.
- Work cohesively with CAD migration team and develop migration process diagrams, functional specifications, Software design document and customizations for CMM data migration.
- Co-ordinate software development activities with onsite/offshore team.
- Devise best processes for Teamcenter customization software development, deployment and automated testing suites.
- Successfully delivered several projects on time and quality in areas related to GMS (Global Multi Site), Design Release, and Design review. Significant projects include o GMS Data mapping between Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter, exchange with Suppliers
- CMM Implementation for Ideas to NX CAD data migration
- Nissan Manufacturing Design Release System
- Digital Lot Release functionality
- Architected and developed generic 3 tier based ITK library architecture which forms the back bone of entire Nissan server side customization for all the domains, which was ~500K lines of code.
- Developed automation scripts for building, testing and deploying customizations to Nissan environment
- Routinely acknowledged by Siemens domain leaders for my pro-active initiatives and creative solutions.
May-06 to Oct–06, Technical consultant at ISID, Tokyo, Japan I was involved in performance evaluation, documenting new features for Teamcenter Engineering 2005 Version. Some of the features include Four-Tier Architecture; FMS, extension rules implementation, Foreign Text Search capability. The performance evaluation involved comparing performance benchmarked with earlier version of Teamcenter (V9.1.2). A set of commonly used CAD/PSE operations like loading assembly in NX, structure expansion in PSE were used in testing.
Responsibilities: Installation, configuration of test set up, testing framework development, automated post processing of results, new features documentation along with reusable source codes.
2005 – 2006, Technical consultant UGS PLM software, Pune, India
Involved in project “VAS On-demand synchronization” along with Teamcenter Multisite product development team. This project provides a user-driven and GUI-based means of synchronizing replicas. Multi-Site synchronization was basically DBA-driven and utility-based. The On Demand Synchronization functionality gives the end user an immediate visual confirmation that the synchronization succeeded or failed. The project eliminates the needs for customers to create custom ITK programs that run on both owning and replica sites to determine if synchronization of objects succeeded or failed. Responsibilities: Design, coding, testing of server-side functionality, command line utility development.
- Was able to quickly understand the Teamcenter Engineering multisite module code base, product development best practices and delivered the functionality on time and budget.
- Acknowledged for picking up additional tasks of very senior developers at critical integration time.
2000 – 2005 GE India Technology center, Bangalore, India Lead Engineer – Rotating Parts Tools Team and Master Modeling Technology team
Successfully lead teams involved development and support of various customized tools assisting in design and finite element analysis of aircraft engine and power generation components.
- Interacting with engineers located in different global sites (GE Aircraft engines, Cincinnati, GE energy systems, Greenville and GEAE Poland) to gather requirements for the development and enhancement of tools.
- Design of the tool with the team members. Guiding team in preparation of High Level and Low Level designs and getting customer’s buy-in on the design.
- Estimating effort required for development/enhancement using in-house developed tool ePMS. Schedule planning based on resources availability
- Resource Allocation, Risk Analysis, Configuration management and Release of tools with CVS system and OpenGE.
- Developed System Oriented Layout with Integrated Design (SOLID) for power systems which enabled the preliminary design engineer to quickly create the different modules that are driven by engineering rules to analyze new configurations and redesign existing systems with knowledge based parametric parts. The parts were managed in Teamcenter engineering.
- Developed iMAN Preliminary design release process to manage analysis results and with multiple configurations of the components.
- Developed unified tool that automates and standardizes the mechanical design and analysis of several families of compressor/turbine disks. The tool provides knowledge based engineering design approach to quickly create accurate FE analysis models across most classes of rotating parts. The tool has the capability for performing the DOE/optimization studies.
- Travelled to GE Aircraft Engines, Cincinnati, OH to demonstrate the capabilities of the tools to designer community and gather feedback on enhancements.
- Travelled to GE corporate research and development center and GE Power systems, Albany, NY for six months to gather requirements, develop prototype for the Generator Rotor Tooth Analysis tool.
- The tools developed were successfully used to reduce the design cycle of components in engine families like CF34, GE90, GE90-115B, LM5000, etc.
- Received “Engineering Recognition Day” award from GE Aircraft Engines division in 2004 for outstanding technical excellence in methods development
- Received the “Management Award –Project of the month” from GE Aircraft Engines in the month of October-03 for Unified Tool
- Received “Hats off Award” in June-2003 from GE – Engineering Analysis Center of Excellence.
- Received “Six Sigma Green Belt” certification for circumferential dovetail analysis tool validation.
1999 – 2000 Aeronautical Development Agency, Bangalore, India
- Worked as “Research Fellow” on Genetic Algorithms for structure optimization. Genetic Algorithms (GA’s) are computerized search techniques based on the mechanics of natural genetics and natural selection. The algorithm was employed for TRUSS element for FINESSE, a FEA package developed at ADA, Bangalore using FORTRAN-77
- Co-authored the research publication “Implementation of several optimization algorithms in FINESSE – NEWSUMT and GENETIC ALGORITHMS”-10th NASAS conference held at IIT-Kanpur.- R K Ramanathan, A K Ghosal, D A Aravinda and D Sreekanth
1996–1998 National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore, India Worked as a Project Engineer on Optimum Acoustic Baffle Design system to reduce the noise levels in wind tunnel setting chamber
- Developed software to optimize the acoustic baffle configuration. The software employs curve-fitting techniques and yields optimum acoustic design configuration.
- The mechanical design/assembly of all the mechanical components was done using the SOLIDWORKS.
- Showed great learning skills in mechanical design and software development resulting in timely completion of the research project.
- Co-authored the research publication “Design of Acoustic Baffles for Installation in the settling chamber of the NAL 1.2m tunnel ” – PDNT9905, National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore – R S Verma and D A Aravinda
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical, Bangalore University, 1998-2000, and First Rank amongst all engineering streams for year 2000 with 87%.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Bangalore University, 1991-1995, First class with Distinction with 71%. Ranked second in class.
- Early Leaders Program at Geometric Software
- Software Project Management, GE ITC
- Object oriented Analysis and Design, TCS, Bangalore
- Global Multisite training at Siemens PLM software, Milford, Ohio